Synergistic Research Foundation SX Ethernet Cable
FOUNDATION SX ETHERNET more than 1’s and 0’s
Foundation Ethernet borrows core technology from other Foundation Series cables plus newly developed technologies first developed for the flagship Galileo SX Active Ground Block and HDSX Ground Cables. From the Galileo Ground Block, SR adapted the same UEF compound for a lower noise floor with increased holographic realism compared to other Foundation Series cables. SR then applied the same 3-Stage High Voltage Process first developed for the new HDSX Ground Cables to increase resolution and musicality, two traits that are often exclusive where you can have one at the expense of the other. Audition Foundation Ethernet cables in your system risk-free and discover firsthand the dramatic benefit of a perfectly voiced digital cable guaranteed to improve all aspects of your system’s performance or your money back.
Standard Ethernet Cables in lengths of 1.0 and 1.5 are always in stock. Every other length has to be ordered. Please allow 14 days factory lead-time.
Jonathan Valin of The Absolut Sound concluded (TAS April 2020):
"...I could happily live with the Foundations, which give you approximately 35-40% of what the Crystal Cables Ultimate Dreams offer, for sixty-five-times less dough! If that isn’t a bargain, I don’t know what is. One of the highest-fidelity budget wires I’ve heard, Foundation obviously comes enthusiastically recommended..."
Rick Becker of Enjoy The Music wrote (January 2020):
"...Synergistic Research is clearly on the cutting edge with their flagship Galileo line and new SRX power cable. The new Foundation Series cables are ample evidence of trickle down technology designed to capture new customers at price points where a lot of audiophiles call home. Dressing my gear with a complete loom from sources to speakers produced a consistency of sound among the different sources and easily revealed the differences when other components were swapped into the rig. I was skeptical that the Foundation cables would make such an improvement in my system, yet they have replaced cables that cost far more and taken my music far higher. Combined with a handful of their fabulous Orange Fuses, a $2000 to $3000 investment toward Synergistic Research's Foundation cables has taken my mid-five-figure rig well into six-figure territory. That's real value and an admirable feat!"
CLICK HERE to read the entire review
The Absolute Sound's Buyer Guide 2020 - 50 Greatest Bargains in High-End Audio:
"...Jonathan Valin wasn't expecting much- and certainly not this much-from Synergistic Research's immensely pliable, bargain-basement Foundation Series interconnects and cables, which are far slimmer, lighter, and less sophisticated in design than their rich relatives, the superb Galileo SXes. But, trust him, sonically the Foundations come way closer than shouting distance to the Galileos. Indeed, these two SR lines have a great deal in common-rich vibrant tone color, robust dynamics, spacious staging, lifelike imaging, high resolution. Oh, the more sophisticated Galileos are less bottom-up in balance, more finely detailed, and harder-hitting than foundation: then again, they ought to be-the cost ten-to-twenty times the dough. Put plainly, the Foundation Series is the best budget-priced wire Jonathan Valin has heard-and one of his references..."
Foundation Ethernet Cable Specifications:
8 each UEF CAT 7:
- 23 gauge solid copper conductors
- Dielectric: Solid Polyethylene
- Maximum Frequency: 500 MHz
- Shielding: Dual Silver Mylar / Braid shield-Quantum Tunneled Ground Plane Technology
- Geometry: 4 twisted pair
- Listened for signal direction before build
- Hand crafted in SR's California factory
- Foundation UEF Graphene Shield: 2 different UEF coatings with Graphene are applied to connectors and cabling significantly reducing the noise floor and allowing a purer signal to transfer with less grain providing more warmth and detail. The conductors also benefit from dampening effect that UEF provides
- Three Stage Quantum Treatment: The completed cable is treated with 1,000,000 volts of electricity at highly specific frequencies and varying pulse modulations. This process (known as Quantum Tunneling) creates a “channel” in the conductor material and at all contact points, aligning every one of Foundation cables’ metal elements down to the molecular level. This process smooths the digital pathway, allowing more of the signal’s energy to flow more freely. Quantum Tunneling improves every aspect of cable performance, especially low-level detail retrieval, enabling Foundation cables to deliver the highest amount of musical realism.
- Secondary UEF Blue Treatment originally developed for SR Blue Fuses
- Hand build time: 1 hours
- 5 day Burn-in: 2 step process
- Hand crafted in SR's California factory