ichos No. THREE Mk.II
The Ichos N° THREE MK.II is truly a further development in every sense of the word. A newly-developed 10" broadband driver has been combined with the dipole tweeter from the larger models.
With this concept, the N° THREE Mk.II reaches a level of dynamics and deep bass that, up until now, were only found in large loudspeakers, and it does that without losing any of the fine details.
Unlimited freedom and music listening pleasure are always first, along with the elegant aesthetics – regardless of what type of music is played. The N° THREE Mk.II is easy-to-please in the positioning and is well-suited for both small and large listening rooms, from classic to rock music, no matter whether soft or loud – all without any limitations.
- Handcrafted from top to bottom
- Black satin standard finish, with a changeable fabric grills
- Optional all RAL colors and piano lacquer available
- Optional real-wood veneer available
- New elliptical tweeter in mono-block casing
- WBT Nextgen binding posts
- Sound optimized spikes
- Additional floor plates available on request
- 1 ea. 10" midrange-woofer, fiberglass cone treated with special varnish
- 1 ea. 1.5" tweeter in dipole version with waveguide in aluminum block casing
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1130 x 285 x 362 mm (44.5 x 11.5 x 14 inches)
- Sensitivity: 94 dB/1W/1m
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Frequency response: 35Hz - 23kHz
- Amplification requirement: from 10 Watts
- Listening-distance: from approx. 2.0 m
- Weight: approximately 32 kg ea. (71lbs)
Special Edition (SE) version - $1600 surcharge (selected parts by Duelund)
Standard finish is black satin or RAL color of choice
Real wood veneer - $1000 surcharge
Dual Color - $1000 surcharge
High Gloss - $2000 surcharge
Michael Bruss of HiFi Test wrote Jan. 2018:
"...rarely does one hear a loudspeaker that combines a nonchalant lightness and ease so naturally with such a substantial bass and can still work with single-ended tube amplifiers without problems – actually, the ichos No 3 even prefers them...
Conclusion: Loudspeakers with a pleasure factor - a true feast for listeners who love attention to detail and spaciousness with a bass that isn’t too thin. They play easily with small triodes and even then offer a substantial sound..."
CLICK HERE to read the entire review (in German language)