Synergistic Research Tranquility Base UEF
The Tranquility Base is an active isolation platform which cleans and conditions the audio signal within the unit placed atop of the base. The Tranquility Base counteracts EMI and noise caused by electrical parts inside the device as well as RFI and reduces distortion in the audio signal. The result is - the audio signal that leaves the devices which is placed on the Tranquility Base is much more pure, clean and undistorted. This works also for clean power. Put a Tranquility Base underneath your power condition and improve the performance of your power conditioner.
The Tranquility Base...
- Actively improves the performance of any component placed atop
- Allows common furniture to perform like the best audiophile grade furniture
- Improves state-of-the-art isolation racks significantly
- Is a game changer for modest components transforming them to near state-of-the-art
- Transforms state-of-the-art components dramatically. This has to be heard to be believed
- Easily auditioned and demonstrated with repeatable results
- Improves audio and video applications
- Is very cost effective
It comes in two different versions:
- Tranquility Base UEF: 18.5 x 16 x 1.5 inch, including 2 set of MiG 2.0
- Tranquility Base XL UEF: 23.25 x 20 x 1.5 inch, including 1 set MiG 2.0 & 1 set BiG MiG
Steven Plaskin of AudioStream.com concluded (July 2012):
"...After living with the Tranquility Base for four months, I have come to the conclusion that it is an indispensable component in my audio system. The other day I replaced the Base with a Black Diamond Shelf with cones to see if I was deluding myself with this fancy component. After an hour of listening, the Tranquility Base had to be put back into my system. I have no doubt that we will be hearing more about the Synergistic Research Tranquility Base as other audiophiles discover this unique product."
"...I then turned on the active portion of the Tranquility Base by inserting the Silver Enigma tuning Bullet. All hell broke loose!! The soundstage became holographic in size, definition and focus were enhanced, and bass definition further improved. The noise floor dropped and background silence was simply stunning.