Langerton MCB Modular Component Bases
Langerton MCB - Modular Component Bases
The Langerton MCB is a heavy duty component stand made in Germany. It minimizes vibration and provides maximum structure-borne decoupling of audio components in combination with mechanical coupling.
This component base was developed according to 3 premises.
1. Minimising vibrations in the load-bearing system:
Both the 3 supporting pillars and the T-shaped reinforcement are filled with sand with defined flow properties. O-rings are installed on all langes. Outstanding suppressant effect when listening at high sound pressure levels.
2. Maximum structure-borne noise decoupling of the audio components in combination with mechanical coupling:
The base levels which are structured according to the asymmetrical multi-layer method of our sound converter tone bases, are decoupled from the load-bearing system by a dampened 3-point mount. Sensitive components in particular benefit from structure-borne noise decoupling through the high-mass levels.
3. Maximum adaptability to various audio components:
The stainless steel support system has a modular structure. Different heights of the individual pillar elements make a rack possible for any conceivable combination of audio components. The usable space on the levels is very generous at 50cm x 60cm – large and heavy power stages are safely supported, stable and free of vibrations. The supporting feet are equipped with a large, fine thread so the component base can be levelled – important for operating a record player.
- Load-bearing system material: stainless steel, polished
- Base level finish: piano lacquer, high-gloss
- Dimension overall: 82cm width, 71cm depth (33x28 inch)
- Usable space: 50x60cm (20x24 inch)
- Weight: MCB 4-level 130kg (290lbs)