KR Audio 300B Balloon HP Tubes
As with the traditional 300B, the KR Audio 300B HP Balloon tube adds that classic look of old with the modern sound of new. This latest High Performance (HP) version has been tweaked to offer unprecedented silent backgrounds and greater clarity, allowing for subtle details in the music never heard before. We feel this is the quietist 300B money can buy, with a unique sound and appearance unlike any other 300B on the market.
First thing you will notice is the bass definition. It’s taught, powerful, and goes deep, allowing you to hear the rumble of the drum skin without bloat. Mids are in proper proportion, not forward or hard, with excellent placement in the soundstage, and float above the bass along with a good dose of airy highs. In all a very well balanced presentation of frequencies and harmonics with the finest of 2 channel systems and headphones.
The beautiful glass balloon version is more difficult to produce, and the larger glass surface helps the tube run cooler and adds a bit more harmonic richness. It has similar specs as the standard 300B and is compatible with any 300B amplifier.
Price is for a matched pair.
KR Audio 300B Balloon HP Tubes
|Maximum Plate Voltage:||550 V|
|Maximum Plate Current:||120 mA|
|Plate Dissipation:||50 Watts|
|Filament Voltage:||5 V (DC/AC)|
|Filament Current:||1.2 A|
CLICK HERE to download a Data Sheet.
KR Audio power tubes are artistic perfection. Built in the former Czech Republic Philips vacuum tube manufacturing facility, which became a Tesla factory under Soviet control, KR Audio passionately crafts the most elegant, durable, sonically perfect large triode power tubes ever available. Each tube is hand crafted from the best Bohemian materials by skilled artisans to exacting perfection. With KR Audio power tubes installed in your equipment, you will have the best audio experience possible. You deserve nothing less than KR Audio tubes.
- Patented multi-ribbon filament / cathode provide four emissive surfaces per filament, equating to 32 electrical cathodes (eight filaments x four surfaces = 32). This unique design provides far greater bass impact and fast dynamics.
- Extreme dark plates insures high gain and maximum signal transfer.
- All glass is hand blown and formed at the KR Audio factory from ultra durable SIMAX®, a world renowned borosilicate hard glass, creating a durable anti-resonant protective shell.
- The polished metal bases of the 845 tubes provide excellent heat dissipation. Anti-resonant compounds are added to dissipate vibrations, reducing microphonics.
- The white Ceramic bases of the power tubes handle extreme temperatures with ease, and anti-resonant compounds are added to dissipate vibrations, reducing microphonics and increasing clarity.
- Gold plated pins provide an optimal surface and interface to any quality tube socket.
- Each power tube is internally serialized, and 24kt gold leaf identifies each tube as a genuine KR Audio product.
- Each power tube, from start to finish, requires an average of 12.8 hours of labor to construct.
KR Audio Electronics sro warranties their aftermarket tubes against defects or faults for a period of six (6) months from date of purchase from an authorized KR Audio tube retailer. Abuse or improper operation voids any warranty. This warranty covers only the replacement of the tube. This warranty does not cover shipping, duties, taxes, loss or damage of any kind.
- The craftsmen at KR Audio have been building tubes for over 30 years.