Holbo Airbearing Turntable System
The Holbo Airbearing Turntable is designed to enhance the musical experience by removing sound pollution caused by the friction between mechanical parts. Holbo incorporates a linear tracking (tangential) airbearing tonearm and an airbearing platter. The result is crystal clear sound with natural depth and velocity that instantly transports you to the opera or concert hall.
Dealer inquiries are welcome.
• airbearing turntable with integral linear tracking (tangential) airbearing tonearm
• very simple to adjust and operate
• leveling the base with adjustable vibration isolation feet
• for best channel separation the tonearm must allow the settings of all angles of the stylus, easy and repeatable:
- SRA Stylus Rake Angle
- VTA while playing a record
- Azimuth angle
- precise adjustment of the tracking force
- (lateral) leveling tonearm to the record and tangency
• pitch control
• electronic switching between speeds (33 1/3 & 45 rpm)
• compact and stylish
– Airbearing design
– DC motor
– Aluminium platter 5 kg (11 lbs)
– Airbearing 2.16 kg (4.8 lbs)
Dimensions (WxDxH): 430mm x 400mm x 150mm (17 x 15.7 x 5.9 inches)
Total weight: 12 kg (27 lbs)
Linear tracking airbearing tonearm
– aluminium alloy/carbon
– effective length 163 mm
– effective vertical mass 7.5 g
– total tonearm mass 31.6 g
– vta +/- 7 mm
Wire: high quality silver/copper litz
Power supply: 110V-240V / 50hz-60hz 2 W
- Power consumption : 10 W
- Dimensions: 225mm x 147mm x 120mm (8.9 x 5.8 x 4.8)
- Weight: 1.8 kg (4 lbs)
Marja and Henk of 6moons.com wrote (June 2019): "...in the time we spent with the Holbo Airbearing Turntable System, we really grew fond of it. It worked without any hiccups and even a pretty warped album played through without skips. Another awkward record has its hole off-center. A pivoted arm swings gently when playing this. The Holbo arm performed a far smoother left-to right move to demonstrate it superiour lack of friction from an air bearing..."
"...of course there are more air-bearing turntables on the market but very many of these look like oil rigs and their noisier compressors should be placed in another room. Condensation risk ahead! The Holbo Airbearing Turntable System to us instead had great looks of simplicity, arrived with a super-silent compressor and offered everything a vinyl lover could crave. It offered dynamics and speed to transient response that resulted in a very lifelike open sound. If a pressing was good enough, that black background was there in spades...."
"...Bostjan Holc recommended to us the Benz Micro cartridge and it proved to be a great companion indeed. Wirh a very realistic asking price for the turntable, Holbo makes it possible to source the perfect matching cartrige and not go broke. Again, we utterly enjoyed the Holbo system in every respect so the award pretty much wrote itself. As to the caption, it should be self-explanatory by now..."
CLICK HERE to read the entire review