Gregitek Sirius Loudspeakers
After two years of research, development and countless listening sessions with many different parts and material combinations, Gregorio Giust and his team of Italian engineers launched their first loudspeakers - the Sirius.
The goal was to build a loudspeaker that looks beautiful, sounds great and is affordable. I can wholeheartedly say they succeeded in every way.
The beauty of this speakers cannot be captured on photos. The body is made of a special plywood which is hot-glue-pressed in Austria (other well know speaker manufacturer use the same factory). The front baffle, the top part and the "Wunderhorn" for the tweeter is hand made in Italy from ash heartwood, which is very dense and hard, carefully chosen for tonality (a similar method is used by the best Italian piano manufacturers). The base is made of 14mm chrome-plated stainless steel. The drivers are made in Norway and the crossover parts are from Germany. All of the finest.
The speaker cabinet is put together by an Italian master cabinet builder, stained (red or black), finished with six coats of high-gloss transparent varnish and hand polished.
The sound is very open and spacious with great separation, relaxed and smooth, very well balanced with a rich timbre, more on the a warm side. But they can also be very dynamic and punchy when the music demands it. A great joy listening to! Absolutely non-fatiguing, you can listen for many hours without being exhausted afterwards.
- System: 2 1/2-way bass reflex floor-standing speaker system
- Drive Unit complement (SEAS): one 1" tweeter with ferrofluid, two 6.5" woofer
- Power Handling: 200 watt
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 89 dB
- Frequency Range (± 3db): 32 Hz - 20 000 Hz
- Terminal: spades and bananas, single-wire
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 46 x 8 x 17 inch (1170x200x430 mm)
- Weight (per piece): 82 lbs (37 kg)
- Finish: Rosso or Nero stained (red or black), high gloss, hand polished